Cocalico High School Sir Valentine Candidates Named
(Shopping News Photo by Donald Reese)
Shown in the photo, from left to right, are the six senior boys who have been elected to Cocalico High School’s Sir Valentine Court. They are (front) Arion Dominique, Stewart Martin, (back) Michael Dueck, Collin Bollinger, Justin Marderness and John Fry.
• Arion Dominique, son of Chazaire and Laurel Dominique of Schoeneck, has taken several Advanced Placement courses and plans to attend college and eventually law school. Involved in track, band, early morning Bible Study, and Aevidum, as well as an after-school reading group, Arion will be escorted by Lea Formica, daughter of Rocky and Virginia Formica.
• Stewart Martin, son of John and Amy Martin of Denver, has taken engineering and electronics courses in preparation for working at the family automotive business. He will also take evening business courses at a local college. His activities include Army 4 One Bible study, football, track, as well as outdoor activities, such as hunting. He will be escorted by Alexandra Stafford, daughter of Jim and Wendy Stafford.
• Michael Dueck, son of Bonnie and Gerhard Dueck of Stevens, plans to attend college to major in exercise sciences with a minor in business. His activities include National Honor Society, Army 4 One Bible Study, Student Government, baseball and football. He will be escorted by Natalie Sukanick, daughter of April and Dan Sukanick.
• Collin Bollinger, son of Todd and Lori Bollinger of Denver, is an integral part of the music program at Cocalico High School, where he has earned spots in County and District Choirs, and is a member of the Tri-M Music Honor Society. He hopes to become a massage therapist, musician, artist, and actor. He will be escorted by Angelica Rambo, daughter of John and Gina Rambo.
• Justin Marderness, son of Tom and Julie Marderness of Reinholds, is contemplating a career in criminal justice, perhaps after spending time in the Air Force. An Eagle Scout, he plays lacrosse and football and has challenged himself with Advanced Placement courses. He will be escorted by Cheyenne Schnettler, daughter of Christopher and Crystal Schnettler.
• John Fry, son of John and Phyllis Fry of Reamstown, has taken several Advanced Placement courses in preparation for a degree in mechanical engineering. A captain of the football team and member of the wrestling and track teams, he also sings in the Choralaires. He will be escorted by Alicia Burkholder, daughter of Mark and Mary Burkholder.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 27 January 2015 11:00)