July 2022 – Pasta Salad
Amanda Shupp, Ephrata
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoon mustard
- ½ cup Miracle Whip
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon (or more, to taste) celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon shredded carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt (or finely minced onion)
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
Mash egg yolk with mustard. Add remaining ingredients. Cut up egg whites and add last.
Pour mixture over cooled macaroni and then refrigerate.
Tricolor Pasta Salad
Gloria Dougherty, Akron
- 16 oz. package tricolor spiral pasta
- 16 oz. package frozen California bland vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
- 2¼ oz. can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 to 11/3 cups Italian salad dressing
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, place the vegetables in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 7 to 8 minutes, or until thawed; drain.
Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine the pasta, vegetables and olives. Combine salad dressing and garlic salt or powder if desired; pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
Angel Hair Pasta
Martha Hoover, Ephrata
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta or spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- cubed cheddar cheese
- sliced black olives
- chopped green peppers
- diced onion
- diced tomatoes
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. While still warm, add olive oil, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning and seasoned salt. Cool. Add mayonnaise and remaining ingredients to taste.
Supreme Spaghetti Salad
Crystle Eby, Akron
- 1 lb. package spaghetti, broken into 4-inch pieces
- 16 oz. bottle zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Salad Supreme seasoning
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
Place spaghetti in a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.
Kris Zimmerman, Lititz
“I’ve been making this for years-it’s great to take to a cookout-goes great with burgers.”
- 1 lb. spiral macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb. cheddar or American cheese, cubed
- 3 oz. sliced pepperoni
- ¾ cup oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
In a bowl, combine macaroni, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and pepperoni. In a small bowl, combine oil, Parmesan cheese, vinegar and seasonings; pour over macaroni mixture. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
Seaside Pasta Salad
Pat Roth, Ephrata
“I got this recipe off of the Louis Kemp Crab Delights years ago. I love it and make it often.”
- 8 oz. package Louis Kemp Crab Delights
- 1 small can Bumble Bee Tuna
- 4 oz. seashell pasta, cooked and drained
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Combine all ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Garden Pasta Salad
Pat Roth, Ephrata
- 6 cups cooked penne pasta
- 2 cups shredded boneless chicken
- ¾ cup chopped red onion
- ¾ cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- ¾ cup sliced zucchini
- 4 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10¾ oz. can reduced fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Combine pasta, chicken, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, olives and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Toss lightly.
Combine soup and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix well. Pour soup mixture over the pasta salad and mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.